What is more comforting than a bowl of hot soup!!
Soup is something that my hubby can have anytime, no matter what the time of day it is. His favourite on the list of soup is “Sweet and Sour Vegetable Soup“….Yes, You heard right! It’s not the regular Hot and Sour Vegetable Soup but a slightly different version of it. It not only tastes yummylicious, but is also healthy being loaded with tons of vegetables. Its full of flavours which burst in your mouth with the perfect blend of veggies making it even more enjoyable.
Try it yourself and I bet you will fall in love with the spicy, sweet and tangy combination of the sauces along with the veggies
Onion – 1 Small, Thinly sliced
Garlic – 1 tsp, minced
Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
Carrot – Two, Finely Chopped
Bell peppers -One, Finely Chopped
Green Beans – 1/4 cup, Finely Chopped
Cabbage – 1/2 cup, Finely Chopped
Cauliflower – 4 to 5 florets, Finely Chopped
Vegetable Stock (You can also use water if you don’t have Vegetable Stock) – 4 cups
Noodles – 1 cup
Soy Sauce – to taste
Green Chili Sauce – to taste
Tomato Sauce – to taste
Black Pepper Powder – to taste
Vinegar – to taste
Corn Starch – 1 to 2 Tbsp
Spring Onions – 3, Finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Note : I chop the vegetables in the chopper which saves me a lot of time
– Heat Oil in a pot.
– Add Onion, Ginger and Garlic to it and saute for few seconds
– Add in all the vegetables and saute for a minute or two.
– Now add in the Vegetable Broth/Water, Salt, Black Pepper Powder, Noodles, Soy Sauce, Vineger, Tomato Sauce and Chilli Sauce
– Once the mixture comes to a boil, simmer down the heat and let the noodles cook. Do not overcook the noodles.
– Mix few teaspoons of water to the Corn Starch in a separate bowl and add it to the soup (You can adjust the amount of Corn Starch based on how thick you want the soup to be). Bring to boil once more and then take it off the heat.
– Garnish with Spring Onions
Serve hot and Enjoy!